Romania Government Scholarships 2022-2023 are fully funded scholarships for international students. These scholarships are available for undergraduates, masters and Ph.D. Romanian Government scholarships will cover full tuition fees, accommodation, and monthly stipends up to 80 EURO.
Each year, the Romanian Government, through the Ministry of Foreign Affairs, provides a number of scholarships to citizens from non-EU countries. Only candidates having good results in education, respectively an average of the study years, for the last graduated school, of at least 7 (seven) corresponding to the scoring system in Romania or the “Good” score, as the case are eligible.
Applicants for Romania Government Scholarships may select their study program of interest in all fields, with the exception of Medicine, Dental Medicine and Pharmacy. For Bachelor and Master, only study programs in Romanian are available, thus promoting the Romanian language and culture. However, at PhD level, applicants can also opt for a program in English or a foreign language set by the doctoral school. A preparatory year in Romanian is also granted prior to enrolling in the study program of choice, for those not speaking Romanian. The required documents include diplomas, transcripts, birth certificate and passport, CV – all described in the application process.
- Level of Study: Undergraduate, Masters, PhD
- Institution(s): Romanian Universities
- Study in: Romania
- Opportunity Focus Areas: Architecture, Visual Arts, Romanian Culture and Civilization, Journalism, Political and Administrative Sciences, Engineering, Education Sciences, Social and Human Sciences, Technical Studies, Oil and Gas, Agricultural Sciences, Veterinary Medicine. Scholarships are not awarded in the fields of Medicine, Dental Medicine, and Pharmacy.
- Program Period:
- Undergraduate: 3-6 Years
- Master: 1.5-2 Years
- Doctorate: 3-4 Years
- Deadline: March 15, 2022
Romania Government Scholarships will provide the recipient with the following benefits:
- Financing tuition fees;
- Financing the accommodation expenses in the dormitories, through the budget of the Ministry of Education, within the limit of the subsidy allocated for this purpose (accommodation will be provided to the extent of available places);
- Granting a monthly financial aid, as follows: the equivalent in ”lei” (the Romanian currency) of the amount of 65 EURO, for undergraduate and the preparatory year students; the equivalent in ”lei” (the Romanian currency) of the amount of 75 EURO, for master students, the equivalent in ”lei” (the Romanian currency) of the amount of 85 EURO, for PhD students.
The scholarships do not cover the costs of international transport and those of domestic transport from the Romanian border crossing point to the university. In this regard, candidates must be prepared for the personal financial support of the additional costs.
Eligibility Criteria for Romania Government Scholarships
To qualify for Scholarships, the candidate must fulfill all of the following requirements below:
- Eligible Countries: International students from non-EU countries with the following exceptions:
- citizens of Romanian origin or who are part of the Romanian historical communities in the proximity of Romania (entitled to different scholarship programs);
- citizens who have requested or acquired a form of protection in Romania;
- stateless persons whose stay on the territory of Romania is officially recognized according to the law;
- members of the diplomatic and consular corps or family members of the diplomatic and consular corps accredited to Romania;
- members of the administrative and technical staff of diplomatic missions and consular offices accredited to Romania for Romania Government Scholarships;
- staff members of international organizations based in Romania or family members of staff of international organizations based in Romania;
- beneficiaries of a scholarship from the Romanian state for the same cycle of study.
- Present study documents issued by accredited/recognized educational institutions in the country where they were issued;
- Comply with the enrolment deadline;
- Have good results in education, respectively an average of the study years, for the last graduated school of at least 7 (seven) corresponding to the scoring system in Romania or the “Good” score, as the case;
- Comply with the application submission methodology for Romania Government Scholarships.
- Not more than 35 years of age for Bachelor & Master Studies & 45 Years Respectively for Doctoral Studies or for postgraduate studies.